Business Development Manager (Retail) – UK & Ireland
Salary: Salary + OTE negotiable dependent on experience
About the role: Experienced and highly motivated individual is required to come on board and join the Signagelive team to be responsible for developing and growing our Retail sector business. The right individual will be required to prospect for new Retail clients in addition to developing existing accounts to further expand the use of Signagelive licences and services. This role is focusing on major retailers (100+ stores) and you will be required to deliver a consultative sale; recommending and advising on products and services that compliment Signagelive leading the sales process whilst introducing managing the partners brought in to deliver a complete digital signage solution for the customer.
You will be expected to take ownership for all Retail opportunities, forecasting and reporting to senior management on opportunities and projects within each retailer that you are in direct contact with. You will be supported by and report to our Director of Sales EMEA. You will also be required to work with the company’s Sales Account Managers EMEA, and the Channel Manager very closely to manage all opportunities (outbound and inbound). A close working and collaborative relationship with our technical support and development teams will be required and encourage to ensure we bring in the required resources to win and retain projects.
Experience of selling technology solutions to Retailers and stakeholders at all levels is a mandatory requirement for this role.
Responsibilities – This role will include but will not limited to:
- Building and driving strong, long term, strategic relationships with Signagelive Major Retail End Users.
- Monthly meetings with top 10 End Users – These meetings will include adding/meeting new contacts – giving an overview of the latest changes of the solution
- Identifying new business opportunities through research and prospecting using publicly available information gathered from; publications, blogs, social media, Linkedin as examples.
- Participate and lead Major Retail end user meetings
- Accurately maintain, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to include sales forecast (pipeline), turnover etc
- Use Salesforce as the single source for recording and maintaining all active and progress relating to all prospects and customers, projects and opportunity forecasting.
Experience & Skills:
- 3+ years in a business development role selling technology solutions to UK Retailers
- Proven track record of success in bringing in new business and developing accounts
- Proactive, self managing and motivated individual
- Willing to travel as required in the allocated region(s)
- 100% up for a challenge and understanding of how KPIs for new and existing business development work
- Multilingual (highly desired but not mandatory)
- Exceptional verbal and written skills
- Good overall technical mindset and an understanding of software as a service (cloud) model proposition
Please send an up to date CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org