Westgate Resort & Casino Las Vegas Deploys Signagelive to Enhance Customer Engagement
Over 150 digital signage displays were required, including custom LED screens, 4K video walls, HD displays, and projections which were individually controlled and managed by various teams. With Signagelive as the backbone, DCBolt presented a turnkey solution for the digital signage system, and delivered a wide range of content including wayfinding, restaurant menus, interactive social media display walls and custom eye candy that allows guests to connect with the Westgate brand.
The resort has been working with Orlando, FL-based solutions provider DCBolt Productions on a revamp of the set-up and content.The network includes promo and wayfinding displays in a variety of configurations, custom LED walls and a pair 2×5 video walls located in the elevator waiting lobbies.
Westgate Resorts is the largest privately owned timeshare resort company in the world and has over 30 properties spanning across North America.
As one of its largest properties, Westgate Las Vegas Resort and Casino serves as a hub for conference-attendees and nightlife seekers, thanks to its convenient location adjacent to the Las Vegas Convention Centre and just one block from the Las Vegas Strip. WGLV features a unique blend of excitement with incredible restaurants, amenities, entertainment and a lively casino that is home to the world’s largest Race & Sports Book, featuring the largest indoor LED screen in the world.
The Westgate Las Vegas marketing team wanted to reduce its dependency on printed material and needed a reliable means of communicating key and timely information digitally to guests and staff. Westgate needed a way to drive guests to restaurants, the convention centre and streamline their campaigns and on-premise promotions for ticketed entertainment and other amenities.
Key Project Requirements
• Drive traffic into the stores, restaurants and theatre
• Increase brand recognition through custom 3D content / brand animations
• Translate static promotional flyers/graphics into motion graphics
• Collaborate with the Westgate Marketing team to produce motion graphics based on pre-approved designs / stills
• Promote events, ticket sales, and timeshare sales
• The ability to create content for multiple resort locations & manage content centrally, regionally and locally
• The ability to launch campaigns instantly
• Increase revenue while decreasing hardware and software costs
Challenges to Overcome
• Provide media server hardware and network to support existing video displays
• Network infrastructure – Network security is key and the signage network was required to be separate from POS
• Vegas never sleeps – Needed to minimise downtime as the property is open 24/7
• Many displays were previously driven by USB drives and required network drops
Key project achievements
• Rolling out the Signagelive network throughout Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino property and convention centre (Completed June 2017)
• Utilise / Configure existing network infrastructure and media hardware for Signagelive – (Completed April 2017)
• Migrate USB content to Signagelive (due to be complete in May 2017)
• Provide ongoing support and maintenance as the resort undergoes renovation and upgrades. More digital signage displays will be added throughout the resort (ongoing)
• Rolling out the Signagelive-powered network to other Westgate Resort locations (ongoing)
The Digital Signage Network
The digital signage network currently comprises of
• 150(x) displays and 4(x) promotional broadcast channels that stream to each hotel room
Main displays on first floor include
• 4(x) 3×1 Configurations – Wayfinding and intermittent Advertisements for retail and restaurants
• 7(x) 2×1 Configurations – Wayfinding and intermittent Advertisements for retail and restaurants
• 10(x) Digital Menu Boards
• 15(x) Custom LED Screens
• 2(x) 2×5 Video Walls in the Elevator Bays – Displaying mostly custom eye candy / 3D branding motion graphics content created by DCBolt’s design team take a look at the video below
The Benefits of Signagelive
• Cost effective WGLV Signagelive Solution decreased annual software costs by over $10K
• Remote heartbeat monitoring and notifications minimise downtime
• Robust features – Ongoing development & responsiveness to feature requests
• Intuitive user interface
• Scheduling promotional content has never been easier
• Proof of Play feature allows for new revenue streams
• User activity logs – increase accountability
• Reliable network with intuitive tools
• Cloud management saves time – many displays at WGLV were powered by USB drives, which made updating content, measuring accountability and managing tasks a very manual and time expensive process
• The ability to preview content easily prior to publishing
The rollout is an on-going process as Westgate Las Vegas continues to add new displays throughout the Las Vegas resort. DCBolt continues to support Westgate on a strategic and content development level, expanding the digital signage network and providing creativity through digital art that drives the Westgate brand.
Devin Wambolt – Founder and CEO – DCBolt Productions
“We’ve worked with a wide range of digital signage platforms in the past, and Signagelive is now our preferred CMS thanks to its versatility, intuitive interface and robust features. It was the obvious choice for Westgate because of its usability and scalability – from single menu screens to property-wide signage – it covers all the bases.
Westgate has 33 properties to manage, each with different products, campaigns, promotions and events, so scalability was a key consideration. As an enterprise solution, Signagelive has been flawless. Its simple scheduling and publishing workflows make managing content a breeze so we can focus on the more creative aspects of our work.”